Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Princess Academy by Shannon Hale - SOL #11

        Miri Larendaughter lives on the mountain of Mount Eskel where the only natural resource is a stone called Linder. When the prince of Danland (the country in which Mount Eskel resides) comes of age to become king, he must take a bride. Mount Eskel is chosen by the priests of Danland to be the home of the future bride of the prince. Because the Mount Eskel girls are uneducated in the ways of the nobles of Danland, a princess academy is formed for the girls to spend a year at before the prince chooses his bride from among them. Since Miri is of the right age she is one of the girls sent to the princess academy. The girls must conquer many challenges during the course of the year. They must also find ways to work together despite the brutal competition between themselves. Miri must decide what she wants and also unravel the secret of the way of communication the girls parents use to communicate when mining Linder. Will the girls succeed and find out who the prince will choose as his bride, or will they succumb to the harsh winter of Mount Eskel and those who do not want them to succeed?


 I loved the plot of The Princess Academy. The plot is really interesting and suspenseful. I think that the author did a great job making you connect to the characters. This connection improved the book. I liked the description in this book. I think that anyone would love this book. I would recommend this book to fans of fiction. This book would be appropriate for children age 10 and up because of the intense action and touches of romance.



5 out of 5 stars





2 comments:

  1. I liked your description and plot summary. I liked the book when I read it in Shae's class. And I think that your review was good. Nice Slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, a touch of romance. I've heard about this book, but have never took the time to read it. I'm going o consider it again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog.