Saturday, March 14, 2015

Above The World - SOL # 14

                The rough needles scrape my skin. I continue to climb. I clutch the branches, knowing that one misstep could mean severe injury or death. I continue to climb looking down at the world around me. A person stands in the driveway. She calls up to me. “Where are you?”. 
“Up here.” I reply. She scans the sky, her eyes finally resting on the tall evergreen tree. She continues to look upward, frantically searching for any sign of human inhabitance. Her eyes finally rest on me. 
“What are you doing up there?” She asks. 

“I’m observing.” I say. She returns to her work. My attention is turned upward. I stare at the blue sky with white puffs of clouds. My view is unobscured. As I stare up at the sky I realize that I am truly above the world.






1 comment:

  1. That sounds very pretty. Sadly, I fail at climbing trees

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog.