Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - SOL#4


        Jacob's life is normal. At least normal until Jacob's grandfather Abraham Portman dies and Jacob is forced to deal with nightmares of the creature he thinks killed his grandfather. He must also find the hidden meaning to his grandfather's last words. Jacob soon travels to the island on which his grandfather resided to be safe from the Nazi's during World War II. When Jacob explores the home that his grandfather lived in he is met with a surprise. A surprise that will change his view of the world and what is real.


       Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is a great book that effortlessly combines pictures and words into a great story. Once I started reading this book I couldn't stop reading it. I enjoyed how the author incorporated photographs into the story. Even though the book is a little bit slow in the beginning it is well worth taking the time to read. I think that fans of fantasy and horror would enjoy this book. Because of some creepy and romantic aspects to this book I would wait to read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children until you are 11.



5 out of 5 stars












10 comments:

  1. My dad showed this book to me. as you said it is a horror-ish book, and I don't like horror books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific review, Haden. It tells enough so that others can choose whether it's the kind of book they enjoy, and tells just the right amount to be intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this book. It is one of my favorites. Have you read Hollow City? It is the sequel. You are an excellent writer. Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this yet, even though it's sitting on my bookshelf at home. I heard it's being made into a movie!

    Excellent review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a very good book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this book but I haven't read it yet. I will definitely give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great book! I'll had it to my TBR list!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a really good book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you wrote this so specifically. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog.