Sunday, March 22, 2015

The Monument By The Reflecting Pool - SOL#22

                    The sky is a beautiful blue. The kind of blue that attracts attention. My eyes can't keep from looking at it's grand expanses. My eyes soon drift towards the white monument that lies across from the pool. The monument is reflected in the pool hence determining it's name The Reflecting Pool.  On the sides of the pool lie crisp gray sidewalks and rows of deciduous trees. I stare at this neat arrangement, noticing the tiny people that walk on the sidewalks. This perfect picture is interrupted by the metal caging that surrounds a portion of The Washington Monument. I wonder if someone is at the top of the monument, staring down at The Lincoln Memorial. Maybe they notice the young girl with blond hair and green eyes that is me. Or maybe they just notice the majestic expanse of The Lincoln Memorial and the sprawling mess of The District of Columbia around it. Either way I hope that person also notices the beautiful blue waters of The Reflecting Pool.







3 comments:

  1. This is a cool way to look at this monument. Nice slice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been there, that was a great way to describe it. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great slice Haden!! Good job. :) ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog.