Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland In A Ship Of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente - SOL#18

           A girl named September lives in Omaha, Nebraska. One day she is whisked away to a mysterious land called Fairyland by a being or a wind that watches over Fairyland by the name of the Green Wind. When September arrives in Fairyland she meets two witches and a Weiurwulf that have lost their magic spoon to Fairylands leader the Marquess. September meets a creature called A through L on her journey to this strange new lands Capitol. She also meets many other new friends on her journey to defeat the Marquess and discover the secret of the past queen of Fairyland Queen Mallow. Will she succeed on her quest or will she get sent back to earth first?


        This book is really good. The author did a great job making the book entertaining. Once I started reading this book I couldn't stop reading it.  I also like all of the description the author included in the book. I could picture the locations used in this book. One of the reasons why this book is so good is that the author made many of the things in the book really different from objects and people in reality. I also liked how this book is more of a challenging read than other books ought there such as the Divergent Series. This book would be appropriate for ten and eleven year olds. Fans of fantasy would enjoy this book.

5 out of 5 stars





2 comments:

  1. I read this book a while ago, you should read the next two books in the series. I like your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read this book and it is confusing but you explained it well. I also liked the description you wrote.
    -Brynn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog.