Friday, March 4, 2016

SOL#4- The Water Lily Pond

I stare at the painting in its frame. Inside lies a world that exists only on paper. A wooden bridge lies over the picturesque pond. The water is crystal clear and reflects the scenery above. While the grass lies still in the picture I can picture it swaying in the wind in tune with the lily pads. The soft pink of the flowers contrasts with the bright green of the lily pads and the blue hues of the water. The artist creates a world that contains so much clarity yet is blurred. The bridge is empty of any life and the shadows seem to haunt the painting. The water is obscured by various flora except for one spot where the true serenity of the water is revealed. I glance at the Water Lily Pond one last time, then turn my attention back to the real world.






5 comments:

  1. Such a pretty painting. I love how you describe all the little parts individually. Is it by Monet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really described the painting well! This was a great idea for a slice! My favorite line was " The artist creates a world that contains so much clarity yet is blurred."

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really described the painting well! This was a great idea for a slice! My favorite line was " The artist creates a world that contains so much clarity yet is blurred."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never really taken time to look in depth at this painting, and I suddenly realize so much more about it. I like that it flows really well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog.