Saturday, March 26, 2016

SOL#26- Among The Trees Of The Past

Among the gloomy oak trees,
among a space brimming,
to the top with no creatures,
except me
there with my hair down to my ears,
that listened keenly
to the sounds around
in the forest I had so often frolicked in,
as a child
though I am not one now.
There it that very oak tree,
of which I know is truly
HAUNTED
with the spirits of long gone soldiers
who lure you to what seems to be the perfect tree,
I climbed to the top in order to see,
the sky above,
fell, and broke my arm
on the way down.
I used to live among those spiritual trees,
so gray and mysterious 
to a child
with hair down to her ears,
among a space brimming,
to the top with no creatures,
except her
among the gloomy oak trees.


1 comment:

  1. This is a really cool way to capture this scene, and it gives a lo of cool images! I like that it flows really well and all of the lines seem to go together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog.