Saturday, March 12, 2016

SOL#12-The Trees By The Road

The sun burns the back of my neck. I hear other footsteps pounding behind me. I move to the side of the road, hoping to find shelter from the sun among the trees. The trees that line the road are all brilliant green. Not all the trees are the same. Some have large leaves, some have small. Some trunks are a dusty gray color while others are a dark brown. A single leaf is a world of it’s own. Veins line the bottom of the leaf, remaining  perfect unlike the jagged edges of the leaf. Suddenly the source of the footsteps appears. A person is behind me. They soon pass me, my slow pace no match for their long gait. I stay behind and look at the trees. Reveling in their beauty. Soon I continue on, thinking of the trees by the road all the while

4 comments:

  1. I really like your creativity. Nice slice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very descriptive, i can picture it, very creative and fun to read

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such nice writing. I felt like I was there when I was reading it. Nice slice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how descriptive your writing is. It really helped me picture this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog.