Monday, March 14, 2016

SOL#14- The Rock and The Stars

The cold rock presses into my back. It is an extension of the Earth. I feel as though I am above the world, even though I am only a few feet above the ground.  I listen to the sounds of other people getting in place. I feel someone's foot press against my thigh. A slight breeze comes and goes, raising the hairs on the back of my neck. As I stare into the sky I realize how far from civilization I am. There are no blinding street lights obscuring the stars. No cars loudly honking. And no airplanes flying overhead. The sky is ablaze with stars of all shapes and sizes. It is amazing how we can see something so far away. Some stars are only a small dot in the sky, others are big enough to be seen by the naked eye. If you pay close enough attention you can see the constellations in the stars. I stay there for a while, just looking at the stars. After a while, I and the others around me head down from the rock. As my feet touch the ground I think of the stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog.