Thursday, March 17, 2016

SOL#17- The Tree

The needles of the evergreen brush against my face. They contain a flicker of green but are mostly brown. The tree is old, and should be much larger than it is. This age is reflected by the creak of the branches under my feet. The bark is a light brown color on the outside. It has many peaks and valleys and is anything but smooth. You can peel away the bark. Inside the tree is a redish brown color. This section of the tree is smooth. Sap squeezes through the holes of the tree. When you touch the sap it sticks to your hands, often parts of the bark stick to your hand as well. I stare up at the rest of the tree. It contains an intecrate pattern of branches, they spiral around the tree, creating a sort of staircase effect. A small branch snaps next to me as I continue to climb the tree.


4 comments:

  1. Oo, very creative, I like a lot of detail, nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how descriptive your writing is. This is very well written!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very detailed and you descried the tree really well, great slice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good description, and way to set the seen for the reader. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog.