Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Rainstorm In The Woods

                           The leafy branches prevent the cold drops of water from falling on my head. Soon the load grows too heavy for the leaves and the icy water falls onto my already soaked head. I shiver with the cold. The sky becomes an even darker gray as I hear thunder rumbling in the woods around me. My attention is attracted by the sound of objects flying around. Upon further examination I realize that people are throwing around small seedlings with spikes attached on them. They lay all around on the ground. The seedlings are hidden among the brown leaves and twigs that line the forest floor. The sky lights up with a flash of lightning. I sigh when I realize it will be a long time before we are on our way again.


1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog.