Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Legend by Marie Lu


            A 15 year old girl by the name of June Iparis lives in a country called the Republic. The Republic is a twisted reality from the country that we call home today.  In the Republic every child has to take a test at the age of 10. The children who do not pass the Trial are taken to labor camps, while the children who excel on the Trial are left alone. June Iparis is the only person to ever get a perfect score on the Trial. After a terrible family tragedy June is sent into a whirlwind of grief and revenge. She is mislead into believing that the creator of this horrible tragedy is a 15 year old criminal who goes by the street name "Day". When June is promoted to a military agent she is sent on a mission. A mission to find Day. A mission that would change her life forever.

        The author of Legend does a marvelous job of making the characters relatable and building suspense. As soon as I started Legend I couldn't put it down. Legend is a great book and the other two books in the series (Prodigy and Champion) are great too. I would highly recommend this series to fans of fantasy and distiopia novels. Legend  is not appropriate for people under twelve because of it's violent nature and some of the mature topics in this book. Overall this book is incredible and twelve year olds would throughly enjoy the book.


5 out of 5 stars






7 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved this book. It is probably my favorite book ever. I am glad to see that you liked it! Nice review Haden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this book when I read it. I agree with most of your review, except for that the book is not appropriate for those under 12. Knowing that book, I think that the violence contained in it is okay for anyone over 9ish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very interesting book. I might read that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these books, too, & still need to read number three, Haden. You made me want to start again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow it sounds like a great story! I really like the first line of your summary

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW I really want to read this book now. Great review really brought me into the book!
    -James

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read this book. it is amazing. highly recommend this book to everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog.