Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Fourteenth Goldfish by Jennifer L. Holm

               A young girl by the name of Ellie meets someone. Someone who turns out to be closer to her than she thinks. Soon Ellie and Melvin are sent on a spiraling quest. A quest to recover a certain jellyfish. A jellyfish that has amazing powers. On the way Ellie meets new people, separates away from old people, and learns quite a bit of science. But will Melvin prove to be too much for Ellie's family? Will Ellie and Melvin be able to recover the jellyfish, or will it be thrown out first?

          
                  Overall this book is fairly good. I enjoyed the characters in this book, but the overall plot was a bit confusing. The book started off to a good start but then suddenly changed topics. The book was a little bit lighter than some of the other books I have been reading, and I relished the change. To my knowledge I have never read a Jennifer L. Holm book before. I liked the words that Jennifer L. Holm used. I think that I found the characters so relatable in this book because I was the same age, or close to the same age, as the characters in this book. I would recommend this book to fans of realistic fiction who are over ten years old.


3 out of 5 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog.